The kingdom of God and the kingdom of heaven are sometimes used interchangeably. The two kingdoms overlap in the Lord’s prayer when Jesus said in Matthew 6:10 , Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. The will of God is for the believer to have access to heaven’s resources and this can be achieved through prayer.
Anyone in the kingdom of God is entitled to certain benefits as stipulated in the bible just like in natural kingdoms like the UK and Saudi Arabian kingdom, the royals have certain rights and privileges.
Kingdoms are synonymous to nations as in I Kings 18:10.
A royal in the kingdom of God is an ambassador of the kingdom (we are priest and kings Revelations 5:10) and is entitled to:
- Protection by angles (Hebrews 1 :14) just like the police protects the citizens of a nation. Psalm 91:1, Those who dwell in the secret place of the most high , dwell in the presence of the king or those who reside in the kingdom shall abide under the shadow of God.
- Provision, Philippians 4:19
- Devine Health (I Peter 2:24)
Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all other things shall be added unto you, Matthew 6:33. Let the kingdom of God be your first priority and not the other way around.
Facts about the kingdom of God
- The kingdom of God is within us (Luke 17:21)
- The kingdom of God is full of mysteries (Mark 4:11)
- Seek first the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33)
- The kingdom of God hates sin (Proverbs 6:16)
- The kingdom of God is ruled by love (John 3:16)
- The kingdom of God is not food and drink (Romans 14:17)
- The kingdom of God is under satanic attack (Matthew 11:12)
- The kingdom of God is full of power and glory (I Corinthians 4:20)
- God has power over the kingdoms of the world (Amos 9:8)
- The kingdom of God does not come with observation (Luke 17:20)
- The kingdom of God is apolitical (John 18:36)
- It’s difficult for the rich man to enter the kingdom of God (Mark 10:25)
- God reveal to me the mysteries of the kingdom and give me access to the secret treasures in dark places( Isaiah 45)
- Father grant me complete benefits to your kingdom
- If you are not born again, you don’t qualify to be in the kingdom of God as Jesus told Nicodemus. Contact the church to receive the new birth.
- Maybe you are born again but lack the benefits of the kingdom in your life. You need to pray. Read Matthew 13.
What does it mean to seek the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33) and what is the difference between seek and find?